It’s one of the best anti-depressants out there – and it’s contagious (Over 50% of people will smile back at you if you show them smile first!). Here are 5 health benefits to adding just 1 smile to your day:
1. Boosts Mood: even if your smile isn’t genuine at first, the act of it signals endorphins to work to quickly make that smile look and feel real.
2. Reduce Stress: those same endorphins work to counteract and diminish stress hormones.
3. Lowers Blood Pressure: smiling slows the heart and relaxes your body.
4. Increase Productivity: it makes tasks seems more enjoyable, and you’ll find more passion in your work.
5. Look Younger: studies have shown that people who smile in pictures look 3 years younger on average!